Monday 24 April 2017

jdm_progressive during the General Election

Perhaps you thought I'd gone quiet over the last few days. Far from it - my four passions are UK, US, French & UK politics (I believe in internationalism!). As you know the french elections are reaching their climax - and we have a sudden General Election thrust upon us in the UK.

I continue to write and post - but I'm currently finding - in these circumstances - that Facebook and Twitter allow for quicker responses - and a wider discussion than this blog. I will continue to post pieces on this blog up to 8th June, as and when I am able - but now is the time for progressives to leap into action - on the doorsteps, in public places, on social media....

So I apologise that I won't be posting as frequently here - but you are welcome to follow me on:

 FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/jdavidmorgan

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Jdm_progressive

Unlike the 2001 and 2005 General Elections, or the 2009 European Parliament Elections - and various local government elections - I will not be standing as a candidate myself.

I will however be encouraging all progressives to back pro-EU candidates standing in parliamentary constituencies where they have the best chance of defeating the Conservative hard or passive Brexit supporters (which I think is everyone but Kenneth Clarke).

A guide to voting effectively can be found here - https://www.tactical2017.com - the spreadsheet is based on is available here.


No comments:

Post a Comment